Unsupported compression algorithm(). Use one of ('lzo', 'zlib', 'no')

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

Importet an 4 Disk Pool. Set the compression to zlib. added “extra mount options” autodefrag. after applying the compression error popped up. Zlib got successfully set

but the “autodefrag” didnt got added. So imho this is NOT a compression error instead of an “extra mount options” problem.

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 68, in run_for_one self.accept(listener) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 27, in accept client, addr = listener.accept() File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 202, in accept sock, addr = self._sock.accept() error: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

@g6094199 Hello again and thanks for the report.

We definitely have a bug around this area as I’ve seen something like this myself, for me I think I had to double enter something or return one of the setting to none before it would stick a second time: didn’t quite pin it down at the time. Pretty sure it’s a bug in the UI input validation code somewhere and have been meaning to pin it down and sort it for a while now.

Do you fancy opening a GitHub issue with your findings (you could link back to this forum post) as I should have done a while back? If not no worries I’ll get around to it soon. Best if we have a repeatable scenario to reproduce, that way we can prove the fix. I don’t think this is related to the pool import prior however so should be light weigh to reproduce.

Thank again for the bug report.

@g6094199 Quick update.

and

Finally got around to having a quick look at this and I’ve now found a reliable reproducer and have thus created the following issue:

It is not exactly as you describe but once I get into it, now we have a reproducer, related triggers should also be fixed; hopefully.

And it seems that I was way off initially with:

Oh well :slight_smile:.

I hope to have a look at this shortly as it folds into some larger issues I am in the process of addressing.

@g6094199 Quick update re:

As of stable release version 3.9.2-17 your reported issue re imported pools and their compression / extra mount options weirdness should now be fixed via the following merged pull request:

Thanks for your patience: sorted the missing tooltips and colouring while I was there.

1 Like