Web GUI after update to 3.9.2.49 not working properly

I made an upgrade to 3.9.49 by starting update manually on the Web GUI. Upgrade was successful.
But Web GUI is not working properly. Even a reboot and frefresh or starting Web GUI on adifferent Browser resolved the problems. It takes always a very long time (more than 10 seconds) until a page appears. Here some pictures how it looks like:
Dashboard

Shares:
Web%20GUI%202

rockstor.log show a lot of these errors:

Blockquote
[02/Oct/2019 22:42:59] ERROR [system.osi:119] non-zero code(1) returned by command: [‘/usr/sbin/btrfs’, ‘qgroup’, ‘show’, ‘/mnt2/DATA1/rock-ons-root/btrfs/subvolumes/9423f176166cb93478baf2744612772f24f5b520e682a5697fcf624d98b6644e’]. output: [‘’] error: [“ERROR: can’t list qgroups: quotas not enabled”, ‘’]

Blockquote

What can I dow?
Thanks in advance
Uli

Hi @upapi_rockstor,

Sorry you’re having some issues

This message tells us quotas are not enabled on your system, which thus would explain why all your shares are being reported with a usage of 0. This is related to the fact that the BTRFS usage calculations (a rather complex thing) are dependent on quotas.

This warrants a question: did you have quotas disabled prior to the update to 3.9.2-49?

Another related question: did you update from 3.9.2-48 or from an older version?

If you had quotas disabled prior to the update, then this error message is unrelated to the issue you’re experiencing, so we may gather more information from a bigger portion of rockstor.log. journalctl can also be informative sometimes.

Hi @Flox,
thanks for the reply.

This warrants a question: did you have quotas disabled prior to the update to 3.9.2-49

I’m not sure. I did not disabled/enabled anything.

Another related question: did you update from 3.9.2-48 or from an older version?

Yes

Do I have to enable quotas? And how do I have to do this?

If you didn’t change anything, it means you probably had them enabled as this is the default setting. It is thus surprising to see them disabled for now. @phillxnet, would you have an idea as to why quotas would have been toggled?

Whether or not quotas should be enabled is a slightly complex question as there is not good answer. The best answer may be the one provided in Rockstor’s webUI in the pool page (as quotas are applied at the pool level): see screenshot below:

So to answer your question, no you do not have to enable quotas.

As you can see on the screenshot above, you can simply click on the “Enabled” text and you will be offered a drop-down menu to enable / disable them. I’m actually curious what your Pools page is showing, so a screenshot (same page as mine) would be quite useful.
The “quotas not enabled” error messages in rockstor.log should appear at regular interval (a few minutes apart, I believe) and when navigating the UI (as rockstor regularly checks on these). As a result, if you still see very recent messages like these in your rockstor.log, this would indicate quotas are indeed still disabled. Otherwise, it may be they were re-enabled, and the quota rescan might be explaining some of the sluggyness you mentioned you were experiencing. The Pools page on your screenshot should thus display “enabled/disabled” accordingly.

Sorry for not being able to give you a better answer for now, but the screenshot (and maybe other logs as mentioned in my previous post) might be able to provide a better idea of the situation.

On another note, could you verify how your top right corner of the webUI look like? If all successful, it should look like below:

I’m curious about whether or not you still have “updates” icons next to the bottom line (Rockstor Linux:
) and top (ROCKSTOR 3.9.2-XX). If something happened during the update, yum might be still running and hogging resources (I’ve seen that happening when a lot of updates are available).

I don’t see any information concerning the rockstor version
Version

This is a screenshot of the Pools Site

I have changed the Quotas from “Enabled” to “Disabled” and back to “Enabled” on both Pools.

Actually a process called “data-collector” is running

I remember that this process was running immediately after the update. But I rebooted the system and I assume the process was not finished.

Process is still running

still running

When is it time to kill this process?

Thanks for the additional information.

The fact that you don’t see any Rockstor and distribution information in the top right corner may be indicative that something went wrong with the update. You could try to look at the yum log (/var/log/yum.log if my memory is correct), or run yum check-update and see if it finds something available to update.

Alternatively, this could be related to the slugginess of your system caused by data-collector. As far as I know, it is used by the dashboard activity widgets (related to the fact that your widgets were all blank) and can sometimes cause this kind of issue on systems with relatively low specs. Do you still see it using that much CPU if you close Rockstor’s webUI (after waiting for a little bit to see if it calms down)?

With regards to Rockstor’s version, it could also be worth verifying whether the non-display in the UI is related to slugginess issue, or yum updates issues. You could thus make sure that the latest is indeed installed:

yum info rockstor

Do you still see it using that much CPU if you close Rockstor’s webUI (after waiting for a little bit to see if it calms down)?

Nothing changed when I left the Web GUI. Process still running with 95% CPU time.

Meanwhile I rebooted the system again.

No change on the Web GUI, no data-collector.

@Flox Re:
quote=“Flox, post:4, topic:6406”]
If you didn’t change anything, it means you probably had them enabled as this is the default setting. It is thus surprising to see them disabled for now. @phillxnet, would you have an idea as to why quotas would have been toggled?
[/quote]
There was an issue when we first switched to docker-ce where it would disable quotas. It caused us quite a bit of grief as at the time Rockstor was quite broken by a quotas disabled state, still in in testing channel. But our Stable channel releases were fixed fairly soon their after as we made a push to finally supporting a quotas disabled state. Although as you say, and as is mentioned in the tooltip, it ends up with shares showing as 0 bytes when they are disabled but a lot of btrfs stuff is much quicker. Although the speed cost of quotas is something the btrfs folks have made major improvements in recently.

I think the quotas call in this case is a red herring. It may be that, in the course of the update, which would likely have included a docker-ce update along with it, the quotas were disabled assuming a rock-ons-root share is on the affected pool.

@upapi_rockstor and @Flox the blank Web-UI header is something we have seen before and is associated with the data-collector running rampant, it’s what collects the live data for the header. So blank header and near 100% CPU on datacollector = very deleayed Web-UI as it’s waiting for non co-operative data-collector to supply data and as the non co-operative data-collector is also chewing through CPU it’s a double impact on Web-UI performance.

Now as to why. I’ve only seen this with some transient versions of python-engineio, and it’s something I’ve been looking out for whenever we roll an RPM. But given other’s haven’t experienced this it’s rather strange.

The following is the issue we keep open for this where Luke-Nukem on Github (sorry Luke I’m forgetting your forum name) ran into this when building from source. Others have too. We occasionally get version mismatches between libraries and, as I say, have to look out for this whenever we build an RPM, but given we have had no other reports with this rpm and it’s usually something that either works or not and all libraries are included in the rpm I’m at a bit of a loss. Anyway for background here is the issue. Maybe @Flox this will spark an idea. My initial thought is, as per @Flox suggestion that we have some left over code some how but I dont’ see how. Maybe browser cache as I have seen malfunctions from that during an upgrade. I.e. the browser holds onto old code / js display libraries while the rpm duly updates the backend.

https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/issues/2007

In that issue their is mention of disk / pool scan optimisations, they have now been done and are actually in this release. But of course in your case are completely obfuscated by the header / data-collector issue.

And the suggested pr fix suggested in that issue, where Luke-Nukem was compiling form source, ended up being redundant as a newer version of python-engineion ended up comming out shortly their after.

Linking to a similar report from a year ago for context, although in that case I suspected insufficient cpu resource but I wasn’t sure.

And this was a much older version of Rockstor.

Sorry not to have contributed much to this issue but hopefully their is a little context that might help others help. My browser cache idea however doesn’t sit with @upapi_rockstor report of having this with 2 different browsers. @upapi_rockstor what browsers are you seeing this behaviour with, would also be good to have the browser version numbers. Bit of a shot in the dark but trying to narrow this down. I’ve not seen this on my installs here and we haven’t, yet, had another report of this in 3.9.2-49.

As @Flox suggested, if you have not browser open on the Rockstor Web-UI then their should be no data-collector running on rockstor. But as soon as you open it will trigger and of course then mess thing up in your case. If folks have any ideas, work arounds for this please chip in. Maybe we need to confirm the version of python-engineio running for example.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

@phillxnet thanks for the background details. Appreciate it.
As for now I performed a system restore to the previous version 3.9.2-48. Dashboard shows all informations and the Pool page shows quota is enabled. But I see still these errors in rockstor.log

[03/Oct/2019 23:44:26] ERROR [system.osi:119] non-zero code(1) returned by command: [‘/usr/sbin/btrfs’, ‘qgroup’, ‘show’, ‘/mnt2/DATA1/rock-ons-root/btrfs/subvolumes/9423f176166cb93478baf2744612772f24f5b520e682a5697fcf624d98b6644e’]. output: [‘’] error: [“ERROR: can’t list qgroups: quotas not enabled”, ‘’]

pools

version

Second attempt: successful
After restoring to the previous version the daily cron does the work:

systemctl daemon-reload done
The following updates will be applied on nas:
================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
================================================================================
Updating:
rockstor x86_64 3.9.2-49 Rockstor-Stable 17 M

Transaction Summary
Upgrade 1 Package
The updates were successfully applied

version
shares

And no Error in rockstor.log.

There might be an issue when attempting the update on the Web GUI on my system?
Nevertheless it works like a charm.

Thank you for trying to help me and Hats off for your work

2 Likes

Perhaps this output I’ve found in my mails when attempting the update on the Web GUI may help you finding some issues:

Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

Dependencies Resolved

Package Arch Version Repository Size

Updating:
rockstor x86_64 3.9.2-49 Rockstor-Stable 17 M

Transaction Summary

Upgrade 1 Package

Total download size: 17 M
Downloading packages:
Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed.
Running transaction check
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded
Running transaction
Updating : rockstor-3.9.2-49.x86_64 1/2
systemctl daemon-reload done
Cleanup : rockstor-3.9.2-48.x86_64 2/2
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/tests.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/testrecipes.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/testing.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/rmtree.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/pep425tags.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/download.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/configparser.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/buildout/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/zc.buildout-2.13.1-py2.7.egg/zc/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/windows_support.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/wheel.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/version.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/unicode_utils.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/ssl_support.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/site-patch.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/sandbox.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/py33compat.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/py31compat.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/py27compat.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/pep425tags.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/package_index.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/namespaces.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/msvc.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/monkey.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/lib2to3_ex.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/launch.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/glob.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/glibc.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/extern/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/extension.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/dist.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/depends.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/dep_util.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/config.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/upload_docs.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/upload.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/test.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/setopt.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/sdist.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/saveopts.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/rotate.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/register.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/py36compat.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/install_scripts.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/install_lib.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/install_egg_info.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/install.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/egg_info.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/dist_info.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/develop.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/build_py.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/build_ext.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/build_clib.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/bdist_wininst.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/bdist_rpm.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/bdist_egg.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/alias.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/command/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/build_meta.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/archive_util.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/six.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/pyparsing.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/packaging/version.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/packaging/utils.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/packaging/specifiers.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/packaging/requirements.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/packaging/markers.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/packaging/_structures.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/packaging/_compat.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/packaging/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/packaging/about.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_vendor/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/_deprecation_warning.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/setuptools/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/py31compat.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/extern/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/six.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/pyparsing.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/version.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/utils.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/specifiers.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/requirements.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/markers.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/_structures.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/_compat.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/packaging/about.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/appdirs.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/_vendor/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/setuptools-40.8.0-py2.7.egg/easy_install.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/common/test_socket.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/common/test_server.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/common/test_payload.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/common/test_packet.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/common/test_middleware.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/common/test_client.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/common/test_async_eventlet.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/common/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/asyncio/test_async_tornado.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/asyncio/test_async_aiohttp.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/asyncio/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/tests/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/socket.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/server.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/payload.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/packet.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/middleware.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/exceptions.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/client.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/async_drivers/threading.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/async_drivers/gevent_uwsgi.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/async_drivers/gevent.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/async_drivers/eventlet.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/async_drivers/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/python_engineio-3.4.3-py2.7.egg/engineio/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/meld3-1.0.2-py2.7.egg/meld3/test_meld3.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/meld3-1.0.2-py2.7.egg/meld3/meld3.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/meld3-1.0.2-py2.7.egg/meld3/_compat.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/meld3-1.0.2-py2.7.egg/meld3/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/xmlreport.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/version.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/templite.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/summary.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/results.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/report.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/pytracer.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/python.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/plugin_support.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/plugin.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/pickle2json.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/phystokens.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/parser.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/multiproc.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/misc.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/html.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/fullcoverage/encodings.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/files.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/execfile.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/env.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/debug.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/data.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/control.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/config.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/collector.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/cmdline.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/bytecode.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/backward.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/backunittest.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/annotate.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/main.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
warning: file /opt/rockstor/eggs/coverage-4.5.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/coverage/init.pyc: remove failed: No such file or directory
Verifying : rockstor-3.9.2-49.x86_64 1/2
Verifying : rockstor-3.9.2-48.x86_64 2/2

Updated:
rockstor.x86_64 0:3.9.2-49

Complete!
Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

@upapi_rockstor Glad you got it sorted re:

And thanks for the update.

On a quick look this is actually ‘normal’ but it does appear we have some work to do here. During a Web-UI initiated upgrade, and only then, we wipe all pyc files thus:

This was added ages ago to ensure all new python code was honoured post upgrade as we had instances of older pyc’s still being in play. At least that’s what I’m assuming. But it may, such as in your case, be covering up an otherwise failed rpm update and thus having unwanted side effects. I.e. the log shows a successful verification of both the new and old rpm, where as if these failed then you would not have ended up with a broken install; maybe. I don’t think so currently but something happened and so thanks for highlighting this uncouth area of our rpm upgrade. Their may well be dragons there.

Well done persevering and I’m relieved your now sorted. Thanks again for posting your findings, I hadn’t previously though this ‘issue’ was of any consequence but maybe it is in fact masking an otherwise useful check of some sort. I’m due shortly to work in that area so I’ll have a think and experiment a little. Thanks for the heads-up.

1 Like

I’d like to add a ‘me too’ for me as well. My web GUI was working prior to the eggs package update is again after another reboot. I haven’t as yet checked the logs to see if any further updates have been applied.

1 Like

@Bazza Welcome to the Rockstor community.

Thanks for confirming another instance of this. Can you clarify if you needed to re-install rockstor to get this working again or did you just have to reboot ?

Thanks.

Same slowness and system info issues as OP. The actual Samba NFS performance had no issues. Giving “yum downgrade rockstor” a go.

edit: using putty not webgui to downgrade

Edit2: Ran downgrade and update 2 times no luck

@Warbucks Hello again. Thanks for chipping in on this one.

Have you tried a reboot, it may be that all that is required in these “slow and no header info” Web-UI issues is a reboot, or a:

systemctl stop rockstor
systemctl start rockstor

possibly.

Pretty sure it’s an instance of an old library still in play some how causing a mismatch, and that libraries code may even be in browser case.

Although the stop and start service is done as part of the Web-UI update. Still a bit of a mystery this one as only seems to affect a few folks.

Haven’t seen this myself as of yet though. This update was much larger than usual but is well worth persevearing as their actually, ironically, quite a few Web-UI speed-ups :slight_smile: by way of long overdue optimisation of disk / pool / share management.

Hope that helps.