Web-ui error solved

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

Web-ui error

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

some days after me access my nas . it has not responded. and not work web-ui access i restart it . but nas had not start l see this error. I trying to solving some videos or google but no solution. please sir help me.

@deepak Welcome to the Rockstor community.

From your screen shot we have:

blk_update_requesst: I/O error, dev sda, sector 16766592
BTRFS error (device sda4): bdev /dev/sda4 errs: wr 674, rd0, flush0, corrupt 0 ...
ata4.01 failed command: WRITE DMA
ata4.01: status: { DRDY ERR }
ata4.01: error: { icrc abrt }

This in short means your system device/drive/hdd is failing to allow writes to the system pool (ROOT). And has done this before 674 times (wr = write).

This looks like a hardware failure on the system drive/device to me.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

@deepak

If you have not created any shares on your system disk, and only on your data pool, then your data should still be available to import after a new install.

Be very careful not to overwrite you data disks when re-installing using a new/replacement system disk.

You should disconnect all other devices except the new system disk for the re-install: to be safe. Then after shutting down the new install, re-connect all your old data disks and import them via:

https://rockstor.com/docs/interface/storage/disks.html#import-btrfs-pool

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

yes, sir attack my nas from brute force attack. port 22 [SSH]

please sir other solution. please help me.

@deepak Hello again.

Only solution is to replace system (OS) drive. Drive looks to be dead.

ata4.01: failed command: READ DMA

Means the hardware can not do a read from this drive. So now you have drive that can not WRITE or READ.

This means very likely a dead system disk/drive/device.

Solution is new Rockstor install on replacement or new system disk.

https://rockstor.com/docs/installation/installer-howto.html

Hope that helps.

Note:

182.16.3.2 via dawhois.com belongs to

inetnum:        182.16.3.0 - 182.16.3.255
netname:        SIMCENTRIC-HK182016003
descr:          SIMCENTRIC-HK NETBLOCK

Normal for internet accessible systems to have constant login attempts.