Youtrack : no latest docker image

Hello,

I’ve successfully installed Rockstor on both a VM and a physical server. I’ve installed a number of rock-ons (nginx proxy manager, transmission openvpn, emby, nextcloud…).

But when I tried to install youtrack, install would not complete. (Shares, user and rights created).
When looking at the logs, I had this error :

INFO:ztaskd:Calling storageadmin.views.rockon_helpers.install
ERROR:storageadmin.views.rockon_helpers:Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped --name youtrack-official -v /mnt2/youtrack-data:/opt/youtrack/data -v /mnt2/youtrack-config:/opt/youtrack/conf -v /mnt2/youtrack-logs:/opt/youtrack/logs -v /mnt2/youtrack-backup:/opt/youtrack/backups -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8089:8080/tcp -p 8089:8080/udp jetbrains/youtrack. rc = 125. stdout = [’’]. stderr = [“Unable to find image ‘jetbrains/youtrack:latest’ locally”, ‘/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for jetbrains/youtrack:latest not found.’, “See ‘/usr/bin/docker run --help’.”, ‘’]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py”, line 121, in install
generic_install)(rockon)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py”, line 219, in generic_install
run_command(cmd)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 115, in run_command
raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc)
CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped --name youtrack-official -v /mnt2/youtrack-data:/opt/youtrack/data -v /mnt2/youtrack-config:/opt/youtrack/conf -v /mnt2/youtrack-logs:/opt/youtrack/logs -v /mnt2/youtrack-backup:/opt/youtrack/backups -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8089:8080/tcp -p 8089:8080/udp jetbrains/youtrack. rc = 125. stdout = [’’]. stderr = [“Unable to find image ‘jetbrains/youtrack:latest’ locally”, ‘/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for jetbrains/youtrack:latest not found.’, “See ‘/usr/bin/docker run --help’.”, ‘’]

It seems that jenkins does not maintain a latest version of the docker image.
I have two questions :

• How can I specify the version I want to be pulled ?
  • Could the version be a part of the rock-on configuration ? (I could even make a Pull Request with some directions).

Thank you

Okay, I found a fix, image tag was correctly set up in db, but was not used during install.

I edited /opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon_helpers.py

In generic install, I replace the following line :
cmd.append(c.dimage.name)
with :
cmd.append(c.dimage.name+’:’+c.dimage.tag)

I was then able to install youtrack rock-on.

@Somberlord Welcome to the Rockstor community.

This may be related to a bug we had in earlier Rock-on code where we always pulled, unintentionally actually, the ‘latest’ tag. This however was fixed in more recent code. Both the YouTrack and the Jenkins rock-ons are based on specific ‘non latest’ docker images. Hence my suggestion that you may be facing this bug.

Jenkins Rock-on definition:

and the YouTrack official rock-on definition:

This bug was fixed in Stable channel release: 3.9.2-49 in October last year:

With the specific reference there being:

We are now on 3.9.2-56 (57 pretty soon)

Also note that there have been a few other Rock-on related fixes, also listed in that Changelog thread.

I see you have just found a work around, well done. As per the original post in the above Announcements Stable Channel thread we no longer release to the testing channel for our CentOS based offerings. But we do for our pending transition to the ‘Built on openSUSE’ effort. So given you are ‘handy’ at finding the ‘bugs’ you might like to have a look at the following thread:

Hope that helps and thanks for sharing your work around. However the ‘official’ fix was detailed in the referenced issue and pull request from Feb 2019.

Our older Web-UI unfortunately leads one to believe that running Testing channel on the CentOS variant is actually ‘latest’ when in fact it’s over 2 years old now. Again this is something that has been fixed and detailed in that first Announcements thread. We are sort of heading for a re-lanuch with our ‘Built on openSUSE’ effort and so things are a little out of kilter currently. The newer Web-UI now links to our official docs subsection here:

Update Channels: http://rockstor.com/docs/update-channels/update_channels.html

Which is far more up-to-date. But as yet does not mention the ‘early adopters’ availability as it’s really only intended for folks, such as yourself, who can contribute fixes as apposed to just finding them :slight_smile: . Then when we have a feature parity with our CentOS Stable channel offering we can embark on moving all our ‘supporters’ and all new users over to the new effort.

Incidentally there was also a bug, way back then, in the testing channel for those moving from that channel to the Stable channel. This was bad as it indicated you were running 3.9.2-* when in fact you were not. See the other Announcement post on this here:

https://forum.rockstor.com/t/to-all-stable-channel-subscribers/6617/5

2 Likes

Thank you @phillxnet

My rockstor version was indeed 3.9.1 as I was not a suscriber yet (and the UI led me to think it was the latest version).
I just suscribed for my physical server, and started the updates, it should be fine then.

One of the main reasons I choose Rockstor for my NAS is because it was CentOs based, which I’m used to work with.

But from minutes of research, it seems openSUSE is not too different. If I can get some time for another new project, I think looking into Rockstor is appealing.

Thank you for your answer !

1 Like