Can't delete detached disk

Brief description of the problem

Removing a disk from a list of detached disks results in quite funny error “detached disk can not be revomed because it does not exist”.

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[write here]

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py", line 301, in delete disk = Disk.objects.get(name=dname) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.6.11-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/manager.py", line 151, in get return self.get_queryset().get(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.6.11-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py", line 310, in get self.model._meta.object_name) DoesNotExist: Disk matching query does not exist.

@Tomasz_Kusmierz Yes this is a know issue (inelegance instantiated):

There was a major change (by me so my fault) in how we managed drives and this is a straggling issue / side effect. Easily worked around currently by just making sure you Rescan shortly before the device removal.

A couple more forum threads address the same issue and are, like this one, sighted in the above issue:

Hope that helps.

If it’s know - delete thread to not put to much garbage in the forum ?

@Tomasz_Kusmierz

I don’t think this thread is garbage and can server to increase the chances of others finding the issue here in the forum, especially given that it is also evident from your opening the thread in the first place that it is not as easy to find as it might or should be. However it will now be easier, hopefully.

Definitely a nuisance issue this one but still, easy enough to get around until it’s fixed. Until then it’s only really the visibility of it’s existence and work around really which brings us back to not deleting the thread.

Apologies to everyone again for leaving this undone, but it should get sorted in time.