General Problem

Hey guys, good night, I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere, but I wasn’t able to find anything specific to my problem, this week I’m is facing a lot of problems with my rockstor box; I see a lot of activity with the CPU and disk and I’m is not running any process. I turned off the Rock-On Services trying to figure out whats happen and the activity continue.

When I try to restart the RockOn Service, I get this error:

Unknown internal error doing a GET to /api/disks/smart/info/2

After 15 minutes nginx fault and return a 502 Bad Gateway; them I need restart to get the access again. My principal fear is lost all my files and reading the forums I can’ t fine a thread related to my situation. My RockStore version is 3.9.1

Thanks,

Alejandro Longas

@Alejandro_Longas_Her

could it be an issue similar to the one found here (loose or bad SATA cables)?

1 Like

HI @Hooverdan, thanks for your answer, I changed all the SATA cables and the errors continuos, I try to run a SMART tool over the SO disk and I get an error,Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk_smart.py”, line 126, in post
raise Exception(‘Unsupported Self-Test: %s’ % test_type)

I could start the server using a USB memory? Just for recovery my files, maybe you know where I can find information about start a SO for emergencies