Unknown internal error doing a POST to /api/commands/update-check by MM

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

When I click on “Software Update” in the side column, I receive the following error message:

##### Houston, we’ve had a problem.
Unknown internal error doing a POST to /api/commands/update-check

The box is empty.

Linux: 4.12.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64![2021-10-28-Screen-Shot-5|690x431]

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[write here]

Web-UI screenshot

This text will be hidden

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

[paste here]

@MarkMayberry Welcome to the Rockstor community.

Our last updates for the CentOS v3 variant were as follows:

• Last Testing Channel release (3.9.1-16) - November 2017
  • Last Stable channel released (3.9.2-57) - April 2020

And we are now at 4.0.9-0 Stable Release Candidate 10 released around a month ago:

So it would be advisable to transition to the new “Built on openSUSE” variant. You can build your own installer via the following instructions repository/instructions:

And we hope to update the website soon with download instructions. But building your own installer is a particularly useful feature that may appeal.

You can import your existing pool and config if this is not a new install. See the following forum thread for some recent adventures in this area:

Hope that helps.

Dear Phillip, Thanks for the prompt and informative reply. I’ve never worked w/ kiwi-ng. As I read the instructions contained in [https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-installer], is it correct to assume that I should be using an openSUSE distribution? Can I perform the required steps to create a USB ISO of Rockstor 4 on a M1 MacBook Pro? I also have a Ubuntu computer. The Ubuntu device is a test platform that could be reformatted w/ openSUSE. What do you recommend? Yours, Mark

@MarkMayberry Hello again.
Re:

Not necessarily.

I think this would be rather convoluted as you will required a virtual machine for the x86_64 compatibility, assuming you are building one of those profiles. Probably doable but:

That should do it. Take a look at the section in the Readme that is currently named:

“For building on any linux host with KVM support”

It uses a more recent “boxbuild” method within kiwi-ng that automates the creation of the required openSUSE box/system. This is easier, but slower, as it avoids the hassle of having to setup either a real or virtual instance of openSUSE Leap 15.2/3 within which to do the actual installer build.

Hope that helps to clear things up. I hope in-time to clarify the instructions and apologies for them not as yet being all that accessible.

2 Likes